Sparta High School Guidance
The Guidance Department is a comprehensive and innovative center which provides students in grades 9 through 12 with academic, personal, social, career and further education counseling. The department consists of a supervisor, five school counselors and two clerical staff. All members of the department are skilled practitioners in the delivery of guidance services and are dedicated to helping students reach their greatest potential within an optimum learning environment.
The school counselors also encourage communication between home and school in addressing student decision-making and problem-solving situations. Counselors are always available to meet with parents or to assist in arranging parent-teacher conferences. Day and evening programs run by the department address transition, career education, standardized testing (PARCC, PSAT, SAT and ACT), scheduling, further education and financial aid planning.
*Connect With Us
Supervisor of College and Career Readiness
Student Assistance Coordinator
CEEB Code: 311-408
- September 15 - 21 Add/Drop Period
- September 16 - Senior Parent College & Financial Aid Night
- September 29 - Back to School Night
- October 3 - SAT Test at SHS
- October 7-11 - Week of Respect
- October 14 - PSAT
- October 20-21 - FAFSA Workshops by appointment
- October 24 - ACT Test at SHS
- October 28 - Soph/Jr College Planning/Naviance Night