Check Out What's New
The Sparta Township School District, in partnership with the Northeast and Caribbean Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC) located at Rutgers University, hosted a 3-part workshop series. The series covered topics that support the mental health and wellness of students. If you were unable to attend, the session recordings and resources can be accessed below.
- Workshop #1 - Top 4 Strategies to Increase Student Motivation: What Every Parent Should Know
- Workshop #2- Emotions Matter: Social Emotional Learning (SEL) at Home and in the Community
- Workshop #3- Creating Resilience in Children that will Foster their Potential and Increase their Success in the World
Sparta Twp. Public Schools Mental Wellness
The District Mental Wellness Taskforce works to support the overall mental wellness of the district community based on the consultation grant received in partnership with Rutgers School of Health-Related Professions, Northeast, and Caribbean Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network.
District Mental Wellness Task Force Members
- Dr. Saskia Brown, Director of Student Support Services
- Dr. Adrienne Castorina, Director of Special Services PK-5
- Mr. Brad Davis, SMS Vice-Principal & Sparta C3 Workgroup Lead
- Ms. Lauren Monaco, Student Assistance Counselor
- Dr. Jane Esposito, School Psychologist & School Based Mental Health Supervisor
- Dr. Susan Lorentz, School Psychologist
- Dr. Debra Koss, Adolescent Psychiatrist (Task Force Advisor)
Sussex County School Health & Wellness Resource Guide
The Sussex County Child Health Crisis Work Group has released a School Health and Wellness Guide. This guide provides schools with resources to develop important opportunities to convene, align and build collective power to improve the health and wellness of children and communities.