Blair Scrudato is a School Counselor at Sparta Middle School. Blair received a B.A. in Psychology from Ramapo College and a M.A. in School Counseling from Centenary University. She began her career in education at Vernon Township High School prior to starting at Sparta Middle School. Blair is beyond excited to be working in her hometown and continues to strive to support all students with social, emotional, and academic needs.
Jenna Mathesius is a Sparta Middle School School Counselor and has been in the district for eight years. Ms. Mathesius received her B.A. in Psychology and M.A in School Counseling at Centenary University. In addition, she received her Student Assistance Coordinator Certificate (SAC) from Centenary University. Her personal goal as a school counselor is to assist students and their families in the development of academic and personal excellence. She loves being a school counselor and every day feels thankful to have the opportunity to interact with her students. In her free time, she loves to play tennis, run, hike, and spend time with her two dogs, Stitches, and Minnie.
Toni Ann Labar is the School Counselor at Helen Morgan School and an educator with 23 years of experience. Toni Ann began her career as a second grade teacher in Hudson County, NJ, and relocated to Sussex County in 2001. Toni Ann received a B.A. in Elementary Education from William Paterson University, and a M.A. in Counseling as well as a Supervisor Certification from New Jersey City University. Toni Ann is fully invested in the social and emotional well being of all students and strives to ensure they have skills to succeed in and out of the classroom. Becoming a School Counselor fulfilled her lifelong dream.
Ellie Campbell is the school counselor at Mohawk Avenue School. Ellie received her B.A. in Marketing from West Chester University, and her M.A. in School Counseling from Montclair State University. Ellie strives to support all her students with their social, emotional and academic needs. She loves seeing her students flourish and grow into the responsible students they are. Becoming a school counselor has been one of the best and most fulfilling decisions she has ever made.
Heather Yanoff is the School Counselor at Alpine Elementary School. She has worked for Sparta Township Public Schools for 14 years. Heather received her B.A. in Elementary Education from Bloomsburg University, and a M.A. in School Counseling from William Paterson University. Heather's role as a school counselor has been truly rewarding. Her belief is to always encourage all students to strive to achieve their goals.
Meredith McCarthy is a School Counselor at Alpine Elementary School. She has received her B.A. in Sociology from William Paterson University, her M.A. in School Counseling from Montclair State University, and is also a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC). Meredith has always had a passion for supporting and connecting to others, and is truly grateful for her role in encouraging students to reach their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally. She loves being a school counselor!
Expectations of Student Support Services Staff
As student support professionals, expectations of staff are listed below.
- Understand the mission, vision, goals and values of the school district.
- Advocate for the wellbeing of all Sparta students and serve as role models.
- Adhere to Sparta’s Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude, particularly in challenging circumstances.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently report to work on time and prepared to perform duties as workload necessitates of position.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the school community.
- Maintain positive, cooperative, and mutually supportive relationships with the administration, instructional staff, students, families, and other community stakeholders.
- Engage in appropriate studies and activities to improve professional competence.
- Participate in school-wide events.