Harassment, Intimidation, & Bullying (HIB) Overview & Policy
The Sparta Board of Education believes that a safe and civil environment in school is necessary for students to learn and achieve high academic standards. Since students learn by example, school administrators, faculty, staff, and volunteers are required to demonstrate appropriate behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate harassment, intimidation or bullying. Harassment, intimidation or bullying, like other disruptive or violent behaviors, is conduct that disrupts both a student's ability to learn and a school's ability to educate its students in a safe environment. Therefore, the school district will not tolerate acts of harassment, intimidation or bullying.
For more information, you may access:
- Sparta Public School District’s Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying policy by clicking on this link Policy #5512.
- New Jersey State HIB Law by clicking on this link New Jersey State HIB Law.
- Please click here to watch the required presentation on Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying (HIB) for 2020-2021 school year.
- Amended New Jersey Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act
- Guidance for Parents on the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act
Current Year HIB Presentations & Scores
In accordance with the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act, please click here to view Sparta Township Public Schools' HIB Grade Report released by the New Jersey Department of Education.
School HIB Coordinators
Sparta High School - Anti-Bullying Specialist
Ms. Lauren Monaco
Student Assistance Coordinator
Sparta Middle School - Anti-Bullying Specialist
Ms. Jenna Mathesius
Helen Morgan School - Anti-Bullying Specialist
Ms. Toni-Ann Labar
Mohawk Avenue School - Anti-Bullying Specialist
Ms. Katy Szatkiewicz
Alpine Elementary School - Anti-Bullying Specialist
Ms. Heather Yanoff