Check Out What's New
Social Emotional Learning Celebration March 22-March 26th!
Please watch this video presentation made especially for you by the Sparta C3 Social-Emotional Learning Workgroup to inform you about social-emotional learning in our district.
Our Voices Engaged: The Vlog Panel Discussion - March 4th Event Recording
If you were unable to attend the event on March 4th, the recording can be found here.
For more information please visit the Sparta C3: Racial Equity Taskforce Website.
Sparta C3 Committee
Purpose of the Sparta C3 Committee
Aligned to Domain #3 Health and Wellness in the district’s strategic plan Vision 2025, the district culture and climate committee assesses the climate in our schools to develop a common set of beliefs, expectations, and practices (a shared culture) that exist across the district to support the overall health and wellness of all students, staff members, and families.
The goal of the committee is to support the district’s core value for cultivating an educational environment that fosters the social-emotional well-being of all students, enabling every child to feel supported and valued.
Our mission is to foster a positive district culture that includes the following expectations:
- A positive greeting for everyone who enters into our learning community to feel welcomed and supported
- A personal connection with at least one adult for each student in our learning community
- A system for prevention, identification and promoting the health and wellness needs of students and staff
Areas of Focus
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Mental and Physical Health
- Racial Equity Taskforce
Role of Committee Members
- Collect and analyze data for action planning
- Gather feedback and provide input on beliefs and expectations
- Make recommendations on policies and practices
- Share information to and from stakeholders groups and school buildings
- Diverse stakeholders
- No hierarchy – equal stake
- Committee facilitator
- Work group with leads to promote shared leadership
- Monthly meeting structure with group work time (1 hr.) and open forum (30 mins.)
- Shared agenda setting for open forum items
- Safe space to express thoughts, opinions and ideas (open-mind)
- Open and honest communication without fear of judgment
- Respect for time of others and timeliness
- One voice at a time when sharing
- Commitment to support the work of the committee in private and public
- Put the interest of the majority above our personal interest
- Sparta Alumni
- Sparta High School “We are the Dream” Student Club
- Sparta Diversity Council
- School Climate Teams
Become a Member
If you are interested in being a member of this committee, please click on the link below. We look forward to your participation to ensure safe and positive learning environments for all Sparta students, staff members, and families.
STPS District Culture and Climate Interest Survey