Supervisor of Pupil Personnel Services
Dr. Saskia Brown’s professional commitment reflects her conviction that quality education is a right that belongs to all students. Her vision as an administrator in Sparta is to catalyze change in the district by helping to create authentic learning environments that provide direct support, resources, access and opportunities to students, along with their families and district staff. Her goal is to cultivate a natural passion and ownership for both teaching and learning.
RTI District Coordinator
Thurmeka Ward is an educator who is invested in the academic and social emotional well being of all students. Thurmeka received a B.A. in Psychology from St. John’s University, a M.S. in Childhood and Special Education from Bankstreet College of Education, and a M.A. in Educational Leadership from the College of Saint Elizabeth. She began her career in education as a Teach For America corps member and has experience as a Special Education teacher, Learning Specialist, Academic Program Director and an Executive Function Coach.Thurmeka is elated to be apart of the Spartan community!
Expectations of Student Support Services Staff
As student support professionals, expectations of staff are listed below.
- Understand the mission, vision, goals and values of the school district.
- Advocate for the wellbeing of all Sparta students and serve as role models.
- Adhere to Sparta’s Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude, particularly in challenging circumstances.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently report to work on time and prepared to perform duties as workload necessitates of position.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the school community.
- Maintain positive, cooperative, and mutually supportive relationships with the administration, instructional staff, students, families, and other community stakeholders.
- Engage in appropriate studies and activities to improve professional competence.
- Participate in school-wide events.