The Sparta School District strives to provide personalized instruction for our students that promotes effective problem solving and communication while empowering freedom of choice and encouraging exploration of thinking through a blend of traditional and digital education.
Communication and Collaboration
This program opens doors for communication and collaboration with peers and teachers in class, as well as outside the school day. In addition, it:
- Enhances students’ own educational journey, as well as those with whom they are collaborating.
- Addresses ISTE Standard 7, which defines the student as a Global Collaborator (ISTE Standards for Students, 2016).
- Provides access to collaborative G Suite Apps such as Google Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Hangouts, and Forms.
- Allows teachers to view student work in progress, provide ongoing feedback and formative assessment.
Individualized, Differentiated Instruction
Through the 1:1 program all documents are in one place, accessible anytime and anywhere, providing:
- Collaboration capacity
- Ability to share a document, presentation, or spreadsheet with other students as well as the teacher
- Google Classroom for discussion boards, assignments, and resources that can be accessed from both home and school
- Ability to differentiate content delivery and students’ assignments
21st Century Skills
With a global & competitive job market, this initiative enhances student acquistion of the skills through:
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Creativity & Imagination
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Information Literacy
Interaction with peers around the world heightens awareness and illuminates our similarities, and providing this capability to students each day:
- Enables students to locate, analyze and contribute toward events in real time
- Helps us form a global identity
- Raises self-awareness and global empathy
- Allows students to synthesize meaning and understanding - a key element of college and career success in the 21st Century
“The principal goal of Education in the schools should be creating men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done; men and women who are creative, inventive, and discoverers, who can be critical and verify, and not accept everything they are offered.” -Jean Piaget