Our Mission: Commitment to Excellence
Sparta High School is committed to providing our students with a rigorous and challenging educational program: academically, personally, and socially. Through this, we will ensure that all students will be provided the opportunity to meet with their personal level of achievement so they can succeed within a global society.
We believe that all students at Sparta High School can/will:
- Become curious, life-long learners who add positive value to our global society;
- Approach problems critically;
- Make sound, educated decisions;
- Be independent, conscientious, selfless, sincere, and caring citizens;
- Exhibit confidence and compassion while accepting one another, celebrating their differences;
- Demonstrate a boundless curiosity in an articulate and analytical manner;
- Have a vision for their lives;
- Be proud, life-long Sparta Spartans!
Faculty and Staff Commitment to Students Learning
In order to achieve our mission:
- We believe that curriculum alignment, common formative and summative assessments, standards-based instruction, and remediation/enrichment enable us to effectively monitor our student progress and use data obtained to continually improve our Administration, departments, and individual educators will celebrate/publicize students and staff achievements in all
- We believe that continuous, ongoing individual, departmental, and school-wide professional development is necessary to fulfill our mission.