SPARTA TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS COVID-19 INFORMATION
Board of Education Meeting Announcement
Date: October 22nd, 2020
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Mohawk Avenue School
YouTube Live Stream Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxXpaN6-LA0-qHedTBgxqZg
Email Public Comments by 4:30 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone Number Access: 401-285-4177, PIN: 418 155 388#
The Sparta Board of Education will commence its regular meeting on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 6:30 pm at the Mohawk Avenue School. The Board will open the meeting and then immediately convene into Executive Session. The public portion of the meeting will commence at approximately 7:30.
We will only be able to accommodate twenty-five people in the meeting room, including the Board and Administration, per Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 173.
This meeting will be live streamed on YouTube. There will also be a phone line for members to listen to the meeting and make their public comments. The YouTube link and phone line will be posted on the Sparta.org homepage prior to the meeting. Community members watching via live stream may submit comments to email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on 10/22/20. Due to the anticipated volume of comments, please limit yourself to one comment.
We will do our best to get through all comments, however, please note that the public comment portion of the meeting will be limited to 45 minutes.
Let Your Vote Be Heard! Sparta Votes 2020! Click Here to Access 'Campaign Headquarters' for Sparta 2020! Locate important information regarding the local and national elections and so much more!
Watch "How to Vote by Mail" to Learn How to Vote in This Year's Election!
STPS Requests Local Organization Directory Information
In an effort to continue to enhance our ability to communicate and share information with our community, please click the link below to access the Sparta Twp. Local Organization Directory to Support Communication Form to share information regarding local recreational organizations in our community. The use of this form is completely voluntary.
Announcement: Please click on the following links to read informational letters regarding COVID-19 from Patrick McQueeney, Acting Superintendent of Schools. Thank you.
- Most Recent Release
- Previously Released
- Letter - September 28th
- Letter - September 25th | Letter - September 24th
- Letter (Second) - September 23rd | Letter (First) - September 23rd
- Letter - September 22nd | Letter - September 21st
- Letter (Second) - September 20th | Letter (First) - September 20th
- Letter - September 19th | Letter - September 18th
Superintendent Search Update
Dear Sparta Learning Community,
On behalf of the Sparta Board of Education, I would like to provide you with a brief update regarding the Superintendent search. At the 8/27/20 Board of Education meeting the BoE approved the hiring of the superintendent search firm R-Pat Solutions, LLC. The Sparta BoE will work closely with R-Pat Solutions, LLC to find the best candidate for the Sparta Superintendent of Schools.
Here is a brief timeline (all dates are flexible and subject to change):
- November - The Board will advertise the vacancy and seek interested applicants;
- Mid-November through early-December - Survey to be sent out to the learning community and stakeholders seeking community feedback ;
- November - Consultants will "meet" w/stakeholders this month to explain the process. Dates and details tbd;
- Mid-December - Application closes;
- January 2021 - Interviews to be held;
- March, 1, 2021 - Goal is for the Sparta Board of Education to appoint a candidate;
- July 1, 2021 - Target start date (if not before).
The Sparta Board of Education is committed to finding an exceptional candidate for our school district. More details will follow as dates are confirmed. Thank you for your support during this process.
Kimberly A. Bragg
President, Sparta Board of Education