SPARTA TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS COVID-19 INFORMATION
Superintendent Search Update
Dear Sparta Learning Community,
On behalf of the Sparta Board of Education, I would like to provide you with a brief update regarding the Superintendent search. At the 8/27/20 Board of Education meeting the BoE approved the hiring of the superintendent search firm R-Pat Solutions, LLC. The Sparta BoE will work closely with R-Pat Solutions, LLC to find the best candidate for the Sparta Superintendent of Schools.
Here is a brief timeline (all dates are flexible and subject to change):
- November - The Board will advertise the vacancy and seek interested applicants;
- Mid-November through early-December - Survey to be sent out to the learning community and stakeholders seeking community feedback ;
- November - Consultants will "meet" w/stakeholders this month to explain the process. Dates and details tbd;
- Mid-December - Application closes;
- January 2021 - Interviews to be held;
- March, 1, 2021 - Goal is for the Sparta Board of Education to appoint a candidate;
- July 1, 2021 - Target start date (if not before).
The Sparta Board of Education is committed to finding an exceptional candidate for our school district. More details will follow as dates are confirmed. Thank you for your support during this process.
Kimberly A. Bragg
President, Sparta Board of Education
Announcement: Please click on the following links to read informational letters regarding COVID-19 from Patrick McQueeney, Acting Superintendent of Schools. Thank you.
- Most Recent Release
- Previously Released
- Letter - November 20th
- Letter - November 18th | Letter - November 17th
- Letter - November 16th | Letter - November 9th
- Letter - November 7th | Letter - November 5th
- Letter - October 27th | Letter - October 2nd
- Letter - September 28th | Letter - September 25th | Letter - September 24th
- Letter (Second) - September 23rd | Letter (First) - September 23rd
- Letter - September 22nd | Letter - September 21st
- Letter (Second) - September 20th | Letter (First) - September 20th
- Letter - September 19th | Letter - September 18th
STPS Requests Local Organization Directory Information
In an effort to continue to enhance our ability to communicate and share information with our community, please click the link below to access the Sparta Twp. Local Organization Directory to Support Communication Form to share information regarding local recreational organizations in our community. The use of this form is completely voluntary.
Virtual Parent Forum Video AnnouncementHello Spartan Learning Community,Thank you for submitting your questions regarding our Return to School plans. We appreciate the engagement of our learning community and your time in contributing. Below are the links to six virtual parent forums. One for each school and the last specifically for the Special Services Department. While we feel that this virtual forum will answer many of your questions, it may not answer all of them. For specific answers or for questions not answered in the virtual parent forums, please feel free to reach out to our building administrations, our content-area supervisors, our Special Services Department or your child's teacher(s). Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this difficult time.Sincerely,
Mr. Patrick McQueeney, Acting Superintendent of SchoolsSparta Twp. Public Schools